Friday, August 12, 2011

Suppertime!



Vietnamese Banh Mi without the bun, as a lettuce wrap

You can find the recipe here. This made the kitchen smell amaaaaazing! I used prosciutto ham, and basil from my garden.


Grilled Chicken with Creamy Harissa Dressing (Oops! I ate half the chicken before I remembered the camera)

The recipe is here. Next time I will marinate the chicken in the yogurt dressing.


And last but not least, cause this meal was so yummmmmyyy, I made it twice this week!


Chipotle Grilled Flatiron Steak with Salad and Avocado

This was a recipe from the Pioneer Woman website. I've had good results with just about all her recipes. Her food photography is excellent, and her writing always makes me laugh. You could make this with a skirt steak or flank steak, like she recommends too, but flatiron is much, much tenderererer. I did make a couple of changes to this. I didn't dress the salad with the mayo combined with the can of chipotles. I just used bottled Ranch dressing that I doctored with some Chipotle Tabasco. And I left off the red onions (yuck!)

You can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Alison, you are now moving into the realm of Most Excellent Cooking Blog. If you keep this up, I will have to start eating healthier because these recipes look amazingly good; not like most of the 'diet' food (read: BLAND) out there. I have a lot of beef in the freezer and will have to try to figure out what a flatiron steak is...lol....is that the cut of meat or the way it's cooked? Or? As long as it's tenderererer I'm on board! You can tell my lack of the culinary art is showing, blush, blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I please move in if you're going to be producing such healthy, colourful looking meals?

    ReplyDelete

Some encouragement from readers would be most "egg"cellent!